To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 50mm F:2 Summicron-DR
From: aiverson@ix.netcom.com (Al Iverson)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 21:53:20 -0700

You wrote:

>Will the dual-range Summicron with its eyes fit on an M6?  I seem to
>recall hearing once that there was sometimes a problem because of the
>shape of the M6 windows.  Does anyone know about this?
>
>Tom Knoles
>tgk@mwa.org

Tom,

As far as I know, based on a recent experiment with an M6, there
shouldn't be any problem. The windows are "flush" (changed on the last
versions of the M4-P), but don't interfere with the viewfinders of any
of the so-equipped lenses.  The 135 Elmarit is a perfect example of a
lens designed with "bug-eyes" that is a perfect fit with the M6.

Al Iverson