To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Meter for M4
From: aiverson@ix.netcom.com (Al Iverson)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 19:48:56 -0700
Re: Which meter for an M4?

I agree with Small; go with the MR-4.  It has the ON switch on top and
does not interfere with the rewind crank.  I have one on my M4-P and
use it all the time.  Exposures are good (with color print film), as
long as you remember the metering is a small area almost the same as
the 90mm frame in the finder.  Always carry a NEW battery.

The MR-4 meters are very handy, but expensive.  Used, ex+ black chrome
averages $250 or so.  If you can carry the item, a good Luna-Pro is
better and only $100 or so.