To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 50mm F:2 Summicron-DR
From: Bill Grimwood <bgrim@garply.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 15:49:04 -0500 (CDT)

At 12:56 PM 7/29/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Will the dual-range Summicron with its eyes fit on an M6?

My first M6 had to be factory adjusted to use the DR Summicron.  The rear of
the brass flange on the lens hit the meter cell.  Leica USA did this
adjustment at no charge.  I have a later M6 and did not have to have it
adjusted.  It appears as if they have made a slight modification to the
meter cell.  To check yours, put the shutter on B and hold it open with the
back of the camera open and examine the lens as you focus.  I believe the
problem was near infinity.  If there is a problem you will see the rear of
the lens rub the meter cell, not the glass, but the metal.

Bill Grimwood