Subject: [Leica] M9 thoughts!
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:06:25 +1000

Hiya Dr Ted. Actually the LUG is really paying little attention beyond a
handful of people which surprises me (I'm a known enthusiast of course).  I
have been posting links to offer information to anyone interested. I would
think that we've seen many more posts on say new Mac computers than on the
new Leicas. But this really reflects what people want out of the LUG
naturally, we have long not been exclusively Leica as anyone who has been
around a long time knows much better than I. I'm just a newcomer over a
couple of years as you know.
You are correct that the LUG is not on Solms radar at all, I can confirm
that from blank stares during my visit. The L Camera Forum certainly is (and
some senior Leica people are actually members plus staff do look regularly).
The Rangefinder Forum is apparently looked at too, at least the Leica part
of it?

By the way the M9 files I've seen so far are certainly a step forward from
the superb M8 and I think the new feature set represents what a lot of users
have asked for since the M8 first appeared.

--
Cheers
Geoff

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/