Subject: [Leica] Leica x1 @ PopFlash
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 19:12:33 -0400

> As far as framing your shot when the X1 has a fixed focal length? OK, but
> the performance of the different and much larger sensor is potentially
> where
> the difference lies. To the best of my knowledge, no-one has published any
> image from the X1 as yet, with first deliveries not due for months. No
> doubt
> there will be comparisons once the actual hardware becomes available.
>
> 2009/9/11 Dennis <dennis at hale-pohaku.net>
>
>> Without interchangeable lenses I think crop factor is irrelevant.
>>

>> Mark Rabiner wrote:
>>

>>> The Foveon has a  1.7 crop factor.
>>> This has a 1.5.

My only point being the format itself 1.5 was the main digital format for
several years before the full frames kicked in. there has been lots of
serious images made with this format.
But with cameras resembling a building brick in size and weight not
something which goes in your pocket.
The essence of Leica photography.
A compact camera which can make quite a respectable image.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Leica x1 @ PopFlash)