Subject: [Leica] Nathan's Book List
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 09:24:30 +0200

Hi Leon,

My listing is limited to photography books, for a couple of reasons:
first, this is a photography list, and second, many LUGgers are active
in various worthy endeavors that have nothing to do with photography,
and if I were to attempt to track and list their publications in other
fields, the listing would quickly become unwieldy.

And to Mark: of course there is a difference between "real" publishing
(like Kyle's gun book or Ted's medicine books) and self-publishing via
Blurb and similar services, but both are valid and very worthwhile
works are self-published these days, with Ted's latest book a good
example. I own a large number of photography books, published both
ways, and I have to say that many of the self-published books are AT
LEAST on par with the stuff put out by traditional publishing houses.

Like so many other fields, the world of publishing has been profoundly
changed by the Internet. This is analogous to the world of music,
where many performers now skip the traditional record companies
altogether and publish their music on their own web sites. This is
done not just by new and unknown bands, but also by some established
names.

Therefore, I am happy to include any photography book in my listing,
regardless of how it has been published, as long as it is available
for sale.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain