Subject: [Leica] kindle and newspapers
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 06:15:03 +0200

Here in Spain, there are a number of national daily papers, the best
known being El Pa?s, which seem to be surviving OK. In Alicante we
have a local paper too, Informaci?n. So far so good. The economics are
the same as everywhere else, but perhaps a bit less strong here. The
papers are indeed impacted by the move of advertising to the Internet,
and also by the free newspapers (Metro, 20 Minutes) that are popular
with commuters.

As for paying for internet newspapers, I'm not sure. It appears that
the only content large numbers of people are prepared to pay for is
porn, but perhaps that is changing.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain