Subject: [Leica] Nathan's Book List
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 10:14:23 -0500

the idea that a publisher is only "real" if they're not the "artist"
flies in the face of history.
Print making artists have been publishing their own work since around
220.
"Camera Work" began as a "self publishing" venture.
Weston printed his own work.
His son's printed his work.
And so called "real" publishers published his work.
Which edition would you most like to own?
Limited edition prints and books, art books, hand made one of a kind
books and mono prints
all have long and respectable histories.
Some photo labs made their reputation on printing for fine
photographers who signed their prints.
Graphic Atelier's have made limited editions for artists for many
centuries.
Blurb and Lulu and their ilk are simply the latest iteration.

As always - the question is not who published or printed it -
the question is:
Is the edition worth reading, seeing, owning or collecting?

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com