Subject: [Leica] doing it for real
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 08:13:56 +0200

Hi Nathan and Slobodan,

if you're referring to my remark on the BBC, I consider it one of the
most reliable and most independent sources the world over - my opinion
of course.
And I read BBC news daily, while listening to/watching some of its reports.

The thread was just that British journalists were censored - maybe the
British government would like it to be, but are they achieving this, I
doubt it.
(also look at its statutes and how it is organised and monitored)

Beijing radio was just a reference to other countries where the media
are not so free. The initial assertion was so definitive ...
Of course I would take any news from Russian agencies with the utmost care.
And any piece of news should be scrutinized keeping in mind that it is
the result of a concurrence of so many stakes; political, financial,
moral, topical, etc. biases and opportunities.
This in any country, with any source of news.

Free Radio Europe I've never listened to so I can't tell if any bias was
its major signature / imprint.
But I remember listening to the radio for the American forces in Europe;
it was bullshit indeed, poor GIs, they would have deserved a better
treatment when away from home. - my opinion again, of course, not
necessarily shared, even by them.

Amiti?s
Philippe