Subject: [Leica] doing it for real
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 09:23:04 -0400

At 08:41 AM 5/6/2009, you wrote:
>Mark said:
>
>And why would you felt like you needed to oblige them?

Because they refuse access unless you agree to their terms.  That's
true of more and more organizations.  All of the photos taken on
National Trust property in England have been removed from Alamy
because the Trust refuses to allow photographers use photos taken on
their grounds.  Usually it's because the organization wants to make
money themselves by leasing the photos - like many museums don't
allow photography so they can sell slides and prints in the gift shop.

>The exact same thing...When the subjects lay out ground rules for
>access or want to review images before publication it's time to walk away.
>Walt

I agree but there are more and more things we're having to walk away
from these days.  British photographers are protesting the National
Trust stand but I doubt they'll be able to change anything.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] doing it for real)