Subject: [Leica] doing it for real
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 14:50:04 -0700

I'm in the middle of reading Human Smoke, Nicholson Baker, 2008. It's
a history of the interwar period, up to 1941, using news articles,
diary entries, etc., from a pacifist's point of view.
It's grim reading, and an indelible commentary on journalism, without
"choosing sides".
The BBC strikes me as being virtually within the same mold as Radio
Free America, Radio Free Europe, Radio Moscow, Vatican Radio, etc.
Meaning it is a "point of view" form of broadcasting, with government
funding.
S.d.