Subject: [Leica] Insights about handling a delicate photo situation
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 13:31:20 -0700

On Mar 15, 2009, at 1:20 PM, Susan Ryan wrote:

> Howard,
>
> Thanks so much for your input. I was hoping you and Steve would
> weigh in on this.  Your idea sounds pretty workable for most
> situations.
>
> BTW - I am Cheri's sister! To fellow LUGers, as coincidence would
> have it, my sister is one of Howard's nurses at his oncology
> centers. I'd seen his name on the LUG but assumed it was probably a
> different person.
>

> Steve,
>
> Dang, I hadn't thought about HIPPA. If the person, not the facility,
> requested and used the photos, would HIPPA even be a consideration?
> Maybe if donating photography is not officially part of my work as a
> volunteer and I am merely someone my hospice group could refer
> people to would get around any potential HIPPA issue.

HIPAA  =  Health information privacy accountability act

does it apply to that center and to those people... I don't know and
you can find out...  important I believe...

if so, you need formal releases signed...and even then...anyone can
question a civil rights violation, if the photos  are published, that
includes  the internet...

Steve