Subject: [Leica] WAS: Found on e-Bay NOW: POLITNESS!!!???
From: kididdoc at (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sat Jan 17 13:37:17 2009

On Jan 17, 2009, at 1:59 PM, Christopher Birchenhall wrote:

> Ted, Tina
> 2009/1/17 Tina Manley <>:
>> At 03:05 PM 1/17/2009, you wrote:
>> Most people are in too much of a hurry these days to pay any
>> attention to
>> civility - much less look up from their Blackberries or Ipods to
>> even see
>> that you are there.  The newcomers also make fun of waitresses here
>> who call
>> everybody "Honey" or "Darling" but I like it.  Makes me feel at
>> home!  Just
>> like Mayberry.
> For me the most annoying thing about the modern generation is their
> insistence that I listen to a one-sided conservation while they shout
> down their mobile phones - even worse if they are speaking Arabic and
> talking to some one half way round the world as I don't even get one
> side of the conversation! :-) One great tradition in the UK - when the
> weather is warm - is sitting outside drinking a glass of real ale - in
> the US you call this warm beer? - but now you have to sit next to all
> those business men running their business over their mobile phones
> while they pollute the atmosphere with their cigarette smoke - sorry
> guys if that includes you. To top it all recently I was trying to have
> a quiet lunch but two girls on the next table insisted on talking
> openly about their sex lives in torrid detail

it's very impolite to whisper...

> - these were middle
> class university students too! The world has gone to pot LOL - well
> not here on the LUG :-)
> Chris B
>> Come on down!
>> Tina
>> Tina Manley
>> Leica Users Group.
>> See for more information

Message from tedgrant at (Ted Grant) ([Leica] WAS: Found on e-Bay NOW: POLITNESS!!!???)
Message from images at (Tina Manley) ([Leica] WAS: Found on e-Bay NOW: POLITNESS!!!???)
Message from crbirchenhall at (Christopher Birchenhall) ([Leica] WAS: Found on e-Bay NOW: POLITNESS!!!???)