Subject: [Leica] WAS: Found on e-Bay NOW: POLITNESS!!!???
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jan 17 12:05:54 2009

Steve Barbour offered:

>> agreed politeness is to be desired and expected...when it comes to the

internet and e-bay we can be appreciative when we see it, not to decu/

disappointed when we don't...

sadly it's a commodity that is more valuable, but less common these

days...<<<<<<<<

Hi Steve,

"politeness " ?????????/

There are times to day it seems the word, it's meaning one unto another has
no correlation to the action or spoken word of being polite!

We have on the streets millions who have absolutely no concept of being
polite. When was the last time you were on a bus or street car and a young
guy or girl or young adult got up and offered their seat to an elderly
person? How about a momentary stop of your car to allow another to slip into
the lane and everyone is on their way in a mere second or two? Politeness
offered. And hoping when the roll is reversed a good polite Samaritan will
do the same for you.

How many times have you held the door for a lady to enter and they walk by
you as though you are invisible? And they never say thank you or "kiss my
ass!" for your politeness toward a woman.

Best one yet. not too long before Christmas when I was snapped at by a young
bitch tart..   "You don't have to do that I'm quite capable of opening my
own door!" I should have kicked her ass the bitch with no manners! Let alone
they ever offer a kindly, "thank you" for doing so.

I've started using a small sharp comment. when holding the door and they
breeze by me with nary a word, God forbid they might say thank you."  Loud
enough so they can hear me. "You're welcome!" and let the door go. Does it
make any difference? On occasion you receive a quick over the shoulder,  "oh
thank you." That's fine to some degree. But I keep doing it no matter how
rude some women are because I was brought up to be polite and caring for
others.

But the most annoying ones are the older women, many middle aged who just
blow by without a smile of thanks. All they are is a bunch of cheap broads
poorly brought up in a non polite family with parents who never said thank
you either!

We hear all the time about a greater communication level between humans with
all the gadgetry available these days. The truth is, all it's done is create
an environment of  not speaking human to human face to face!

I could drag this polite topic on forever, unfortunately it has nothing to
do with a Leica!

ted

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] WAS: Found on e-Bay NOW: POLITNESS!!!???)
Reply from simon.apekop at gmail.com (simon jessurun) ([Leica] WAS: Found on e-Bay NOW: POLITNESS!!!???)