Subject: [Leica] WAS: Found on e-Bay NOW: POLITNESS!!!???
From: crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall)
Date: Sat Jan 17 12:59:27 2009

Ted, Tina

2009/1/17 Tina Manley <images@comporium.net>:
> At 03:05 PM 1/17/2009, you wrote:
>  Most people are in too much of a hurry these days to pay any attention to
> civility - much less look up from their Blackberries or Ipods to even see
> that you are there.  The newcomers also make fun of waitresses here who
> call
> everybody "Honey" or "Darling" but I like it.  Makes me feel at home!  Just
> like Mayberry.

For me the most annoying thing about the modern generation is their
insistence that I listen to a one-sided conservation while they shout
down their mobile phones - even worse if they are speaking Arabic and
talking to some one half way round the world as I don't even get one
side of the conversation! :-) One great tradition in the UK - when the
weather is warm - is sitting outside drinking a glass of real ale - in
the US you call this warm beer? - but now you have to sit next to all
those business men running their business over their mobile phones
while they pollute the atmosphere with their cigarette smoke - sorry
guys if that includes you. To top it all recently I was trying to have
a quiet lunch but two girls on the next table insisted on talking
openly about their sex lives in torrid detail - these were middle
class university students too! The world has gone to pot LOL - well
not here on the LUG :-)

Chris B