Subject: [Leica] IMG: Kilkenny
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2024 00:33:09 +0100

Nathan, it's nearly 40 years since I spent a night in Kilkenny and there
seems to have been a few changes, including that memorial to the Irish
men who fought for the British in WW1. Many of them kept their heads
down post independence, but 100 years on, it is finally being
acknowledged. My mother's dad also fought for the British in Salonika,
Greece, and survived, although he came down with malaria and was
eventually invalided home. Ironically, he was then recruited into
Michael Collins's "Squad" as a spy in Dublin Castle and wound up
fighting the British himself.

Douglas