Subject: [Leica] Capture One - the road less followed?
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2024 01:15:32 +0100

Surprise, surprise, my new Fuji X100VI arrived yesterday evening and it
seems a very nice piece of kit. I was delighted to hold its svelte and
perfectly formed figure in my hot little hands. Unfortunately, the
camera shop didn't have a second battery for me, so I have to waste
another two weeks before that arrives.

After waiting in the queue for four months, I assume that a little bit
more deferred gratification can be endured more easily. After all, I?m
now perfectly trained for it. Incidentally, it comes with a free trial
of Capture One which I know little about. I use Lightroom 6 and PSE 15
which won?t work with the new Fuji raw files. Of course, I could go
Adobe monthly, but I?d be interested in hearing what people have to say
about the Capture One directional option. Has any one switched to it?

I haven't really used the new Fuji properly yet, as I'm just coming out
of another dose of the cursed COVID. I tested negative this morning, but
I'm not exactly dancing on the tables with my new camera yet, as
absorbing its manual of instructions is a major job in itself -
especially as my brain is fried from my fourth blast of the plague.
Trying to remember who it is looking at me in the morning from the
bathroom wall is hard enough.

Opinions gratefully received.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Capture One - the road less followed?)