Subject: [Leica] When the wrong lens feels right: celebrating vignetting
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 12:22:05 -0400

On Wed, Jun 19, 2024, 20:57 Don Dory via LUG <lug at leica-users.org> wrote:

> This is a worthy project.   It could also be done with APS-C lenses on full
> frame bodies.

Yes, I'd like to see that!

I realize that it's actually odd that the image projected by this 19mm lens
has a rectangular black border, not the shape you'd expect from the usual
round too-small image circle.  When I have that lens in hand next I want to
try to figure out if there's rectangular internal baffling/masking, or if
that shape is created by the lens hood.

And sometimes you don't get a dark border at all ? most recently I tried
the 180mm APO-Elmarit-R, and it just boringly no-drama covered the full GFX
sensor.  I'll definitely accept that result!

-J