Subject: [Leica] Scan me please opinions
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 11:24:07 -0400

I haven't gotten around to trying one of these options yet, but I have a
huge pile of film from my film-shooting days I'd like to make headway on,
and the idea I'm finding compelling is that camera sensor quality has been
improving rapidly (and we each probably already have a very high quality
digital camera on hand now), while dedicated scanner development seems to
have peaked awhile ago... so a very high quality version of the old camera
slide-duplicating lashups seems like a good avenue to explore.

Here are some references I've accumulated to investigate:

https://www.filmtoaster.photography/

https://www.negative.supply/shop-film-scanning

https://blog.kasson.com/gfx-100/scanning-black-and-white-negatives-with-a-gfx-100s/

On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 3:17?PM Mark Kronquist via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>