Subject: [Leica] [Leica} Drobos... If you have them what can you expect?
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 08:45:59 -0400

When I read about Drobo going out of business, I started researching what I
could do to replace my three Drobo 5C boxes.  Everything I read recommended
Synology, so when Frank suggested that, I was somewhat familiar with the
name and process.  It's possible I could have set up the system by myself
with lots of time and trial and errors, but Frank is making it almost
effortless and giving me more confidence that I can do it with his help
remotely.

All of the hardware is now here.  The actual box got here late yesterday
after traveling all over North and South Carolina in a FedEx truck!  I'm
going to take my time and follow pages and pages of Frank's advice - which
I have printed out and read and reread.

Believe me, anything is better than a dead Drobo!!  I did discover that I
can take the drives out of the dead Drobo and put them in one that still
works and still have access to everything.  I still have 2 Drobos that
work, but who knows for how long!!

Thanks again, LUG and Frank!  I'll let you know when I have everything up
and running.  Life is exciting these days!

Tina