Subject: [Leica] Leica M9 sensor corrossion
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 08:49:37 -0700

My Fuji x100v has replaced my (rather large collection of) Leica glass.
 At f/2.8 the right 8x10 crop is gallery quality.  At f/4 it'll match
anything.  Note, however, that Topaz's AI Gigapixel is also now in my
workflow.   I must say, that one pound Fuji on my belt is a
pleasure compared to the camera straps and many more pounds of camera gear
I used for many years.  (Note that I modified the Fuji case with a good
belt loop centered on its backside.)

It's obviously not for everyone.  But I found that the vast majority of my
good images were made with 35mm lenses, including stitched panoramas.   My
number two lens was previously the Leica 90mm collapsible (on my belt).  On
my last major trip, I don't think a single 90mm image made it onto the
gallery wall.  This is obviously an aesthetic choice and limited to
"landscape" type of work, even in the cities that I increasingly visit
on commercial European tours (France coming up in about a month).

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 8:19?AM John McMaster via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>