Subject: [Leica] Mirrorless and dust
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 17:00:57 -0700

I am thinking of dumping my DSLR and going mirrorless, mainly for the
weight issues.? The Z cameras and lenses are lighter and that thrills
me.? I was wondering if dust on the sensor is more of an issue than with
a DSLR and how you handle it.? I am thinking of Nikon because that is
what I mainly have.? I think Canon has a shutter that covers the sensor
when the lens is off, or at least the early ones did.? But I am not a
Canon fan.? When looking at some Nikons yesterday, I got nervous looking
at that naked sensor and all the dust that was on the demo cameras.

The other major thing holding me back is the EVF.? Even the Q2 EVF,
which was better than the Nikon Z7 I was looking at, has some issues for
my eyes, but since I love the Q2 images and it is fun to use, I am
thinking I can adjust to that.

Thanks for any imput you might have.

Aram

--
Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher

would ever have dared dream.?   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Mirrorless and dust)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Mirrorless and dust)