Subject: [Leica] James Nachtwey on Ukraine
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 22:10:53 +0200

My father fought in World War II, covering 2500 km from Russia to Berlin
between 1943 and 1945. Some time in 1945, already in Germany, one evening
the unit he was leading arrived in a village in eastern Germany and stopped
there for the night. A bit later, screams were heard from a house in the
village. Two Russian soldiers were raping a German woman while her two small
sons were looking on. My father drew his pistol which stopped the ordeal.
Fast forward 30+ years. We were already living in Denmark. The two little
boys were now engineers in Hamburg and somehow they tracked down my father
in Aarhus and invited him to come down to visit. Such is life.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo at frozenlight.eu

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws