Subject: [Leica] Welcome, M11
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 08:42:40 +0530

Douglas,

The Z9, much to my surprise, was lighter than I thought it would be,
definitely an improvement on the D4 which I owned earlier. The EVF and the
eye tracking AF of the Z9, allied to IBIS, is like magic for street
photography if the subject is on the move - no front focus, no back focus.
The Z9 EVF/Electronic Shutter combo eliminates viewfinder blackout
completely - even at 120fps - IMHO, it is the best all round camera I have
ever owned, with both speed and resolution, like the Sony A1. The lenses of
the two mirrorless systems I am very familiar with, the Nikon Z and Fuji X
are just sensational, and unbelievable bang for the buck. The Nikon Z6/7
series, and all the Fuji X bodies are quite compact, more so if paired with
the pancake lenses they offer. I would suggest replacing your Fuji X100
with one of the Fuji XE bodies, and a trio of lenses - 18mm f2, 27mm f2.8
and 50mm f2 for a very flexible and compact system - the balance is much
the same. I still use an ancient X-E1 with the 27mm when I want to travel
very light.

All that said, I am no more interested in my equipment lasting 30 years,
5-10 years is more than enough at my age! ?

Cheers
Jayanand