Subject: [Leica] IMG: Lindbergh who?
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 23:17:40 +0100

Yes Jim, they certainly deserve to be remembered. That was one huge
triumph of navigation on a very risky flight through fog at a low
height. Apparently one of the propellers of the Vimy is now a ceiling
fan in a Cork city restaurant. Next time I'm down there I'm going to sit
under it, and take a photo.

If you're interested, here's a link that looks their reception in
Ireland at the time. All the photos were probably taken with plate cameras.
https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/heritage/alcock-and-brown-those-magnificent-men-who-landed-their-flying-machine-in-a-galway-bog-1.3909415

Douglas