Subject: [Leica] Windows 11 in YOUR future?
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 07:06:47 -1000

WIn11 requires a 8th generation or later processor.... so I looked up how
old these processors were:

  * *8th Generation, released 2017 to 2019;*
  * *9th Generation, released 2018 to 2019;*
  * *10th Generation, released 2019 to 2020;
    *
  * *11th Generation, released 2020 to 2021;? ( Current processor)
    *

Which processors is in MY computer?
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032203/processors/intel-core-processors.html

or, if you purchased a computer that is now more than 4 years old, you will
not be using WIn11, in most likelihood.? Your processor is too old.

Says WHO?? Microsoft!

Is this definitive?? NO.? there are other requirements that must be met, but
this is the easy one to find and now, in my case, forget about WIN11.

Is this a blessing?? If you absolutely HATE having to re learn where MS put
all the gadgets you have used daily for the past 5 years, and detest
having to figure out where they put your opening page so you can find some
program, then YES, this is a blessing.

If you are MR. IT Corporate America ( or World),? and you have not recently
replaced the immense amount of computer items in your company, this is a
blessing from THE WOMAN himself.

What are the ramifications of not being able to migrate to WIN11?? Some day,
some piece of SW, or worse, a piece of Hardware, right after it is
automatically upgraded, will suddenly not run. THEN it IS time to trash your
old computer and buy a new model.

When will this happen?? When you are on a project with a completion date is
coming up and you are up to your eyeballs in problems anyway......ie, the
MOST inconvenient time.

Expect Adobe to be the first to give us all a problem!

Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at Gmail.com

I found that my Dell Laptop is not Win11 compatible. The processor was the
reported problem.
Here is the most likely reason
The CPU requirement may be more or less of a problem than it initially
seems. Microsoft has a relatively short list of supported CPUs from three
major
manufacturers (AMD, Intel, and Qualcomm) that generally goes back to Ryzen
2500 or Intel 8th generation Core?no farther.
My processor is 5th generation.
--
Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at gmail.com <mailto:BMWRed735i at gmail.com>