Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ice creams at the West Pier
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 08:29:00 -0500

Covid has a fast mutation rate so I expect two routes for population
safety.  The first and more popular with Pharma is an annual booster with
the new variants factored in; downside would be need for faster than annual
and convincing people to keep being vaccinated with ~1% negative reaction.
The second is to develop a vaccine from the virus itself instead of the
crown.  The core of the virus changes at a vastly slower rate so the
efficacy will remain longer possibly lifetime or at worst like the shingles
vaccine every 10 years or so.

In the US it appears that in the more southern portions and the sparsely
populated regions we are reaching the proverbial herd immunity.  It may be
a weather effect as springtime weather opens windows and doors so air
circulates and people are outside.  When A/C season comes we might see a
rise in cases.

In our more northern populated regions that have been largely locked down I
expect the same as Paris with large spikes in cases.  The variants are
coming from all directions and the firmer lockdowns prevented the younger
crowd from getting through an infection when the variants were very mild
for the under 50 cohort.

For our children and grandchildren all I can suggest is to get/keep the
weight down primarily with exercise to bring/develop strong oxygenation
ability.  Do everything possible to avoid diabetes development which
probably means pre-Elizabethan levels of sweetners to keep insulin demand
low.  Then look at vitamin D3 levels with zinc and its enablers also
brought to appropriate levels.  Plus the adopted hygiene standards.

Last, I suspect that enterprising companies will develop a nasal spray for
situations like your son experienced.