Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ice creams at the West Pier
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 14:03:23 +0100

Not yet, Don. I'm expecting my first shot at the end of April/mid May -
all things being equal, of course. The British level is way higher,
including Northern Ireland, but as our border is porous, they're
discovering that unless our level is the same, it'll be difficult to
completely contain possible new variants.

Back in December, we discovered, thanks to that self same border
porosity, we had received an unwanted Christmas gift labelled B.1.1.7 -
the British mutant variant. My son got it in January from one of his
housemates - a redeployed psychologist who had been put in a govt CoVid
testing centre. One of the testees had sneezed heavily and it managed to
get through his PPE. Not good and they're both still slightly affected
two months on.

So, over here, it's masks on, social distancing, and sanitising among
us, the great unvaccinated, while we pray that the vaccines will remain
effective as we wait for our respective jabs.

Douglas