Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 12:22:47 -0500

Douglas and Jim, I believe that they do it primarily for the arts sake.
Wade mentioned a small stipend from Austin but at $10 or so for each can of
paint this was a loosing proposition.  There may be a bit of promotion as
there is contact information in the finished work.

Austin has a long history of public art especially this kind of mural.  We
certainly have our share of random tagging but large flat surfaces around
Lady Bird Lake and Zilker park tend to have an interesting mural.  These do
change; the subject of today's post is the third version in a little over a
year.

Last, I don't think anyone was paid except in pride of work.