Subject: [Leica] In El Raval
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 22:31:34 +0100

Hello Don,
Thank you very much for your comments.

Due to the COVID-19 I limit my outings, on the one hand for prudence but on
the other hand because the environment in the urban areas that I used to
move has changed, there are no people and the few that are there are
distrustful and even in certain cases I think it can be dangerous, now it
costs me time to finish a film of 36 photos and more when I often hope to
have two to develop them together.

Tourist areas are not my favorite, they are not the real life of the
citizens, I like the environments of the poorest neighborhoods, but nowadays
it is difficult to find in the streets that atmosphere of children playing,
neighbors talking or drinking in a bar, and these scenes are rare to find.

I have a Summilux 35 pre-Asph and I am very satisfied with it, I had a
Summicron 35 IV a fantastic lens that did not make me envy the Aspherical. I
agree that a perfect kit is a 50 and a 35, but in street photography you
need speed and it is not always possible to focus accurately at wide
apertures, I think it is more important to make sure you get a sharp image
capturing an instant.
Lluis