Subject: [Leica] In El Raval
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 11:29:42 -0500

Taking a different approach: it is good to see you out on the streets again
documenting life in greater Barcelona.   The historical record of ordinary
people going about their lives is tremendously important.

My stretch of life is predominately young,  college educated,  earning
significantly more than average,  working in a tech orientated field, and
almost blissfully unaware of the people around them who either support
their efforts or are much less fortunate financially.  This reflects the
images I post.

When you get off the tourist areas your images reflect a much more down to
earth picture of life in a less secure world.   Having images of life for
people in circumstances unlike your own is important to understand the
bubble that you live in.   Possibly even more so after a year living in
much narrower circumstances.

Now,  the lens.   I believe you will be acquiring one soon for it's ability
to isolate cleanly your subject while maintaining a smooth recognizable
background.   It produces amazingly detailed images in the focused area
holding extraordinary micro contrast.

Walking around with the 35 ASPH and a Noct.  would be perfect for your
style of photography.