Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 10: a drive in the mountains, and walking around the city
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 12:51:43 +0000

The usual good collection, Nathan. Of those I hadn't seen in your last
post, I'm drawn to 10_13, but the discarded bra and top are worrying.

I was out yesterday for a walk near the sea and noticed a knapsack left
in undergrowth close to where I was walking. I didn't touch it, but
flagged down a Garda car shortly afterwards and brought the two police
people to the spot. They opened it with protective gloves on and
discovered credit cards in different names and other obviously stolen
stuff.

With the jump in sea swimming during the pandemic, there has been a jump
in petty theft with people emerging from the water only to find their
trousers and wallets missing. Some of us know just who is doing it, but
it's hard to catch them in the act, and when got, they are too young to
effectively prosecute as the judges are too sympathetic.? One of them
came up to the three of us as the bag was being closed and wanted to
know what was in it. The Gardai were evasive with him, so I told him
whoever put it there had missed the gold in it :-)

I hope the bra wasn't the result of a crime.

Douglas