Subject: [Leica] TECH - HELP : LR experts' advice (much) needed
From: photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe)
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 20:34:38 +0100

Hi all,

I?m trying to help one of us on the lists to solve a problem with LR and
would hate myself if I gave him wrong advice that might cause the loss of
some, or all, of his precious stuff.

He?s using LR6 (not that different from the LR CLassic I?m using from what I
see).
He says he lost the adjustments he made to about 20,000 files ? (tough!)
The RAWs, DNGs are still on his computer disks.
Oh yes, he?s an I-Mac guy.

I asked him when he lost them, and how, but he doesn?t know.
I also conducted to check if he still had the previous saved catalogs on his
HD. He does, back to three years ago, which gives me some hope.

My thought is that if he created a new catalog.
Then import both his current catalog, and the older ones (or the oldest one)
into this newly created catalog, he might (might) retrieve some of the
adjustments (edits) he?d painstainkingly made over time, and enjoy his
latest works as well.

What do you think of this somewhat non pro and makeshift procedure ?

Please, do not derail or hijack this thread, things are already somewhat
complex on my end to try to figure out what might help a real photog who
highly deserves it.

Thanks a zillion in anticipation

Be all well, and stay so.

Amities