Subject: [Leica] Philippe
From: photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 01:35:17 +0100

Dear members of the LUG,

I am Alexandre, one of Philippe?s three children. My first words, shared by
my siblings, are of thanks to the members of this list, many of whom he
spoke of with great respect and even affection, and counted as friends.
I am unsure how much he shared with you, but I can say that while
photography was indeed one of his passion and calling, it is undoubtedly the
spirit of a great community, to which he felt a strong attachment, that kept
him inspired throughout the years.
For the longest of times, interacting with you has been the main highlight
of his life, as he passed through difficult periods which he didn?t deserve.

Thankfully, his later years have been kinder to him, and surrounded by
friends and family, he always had a story to share about something that
happened with members of the group. Trips with, and visits from, members,
were always highlights in the memories he used to share with us.

He left us way too soon, and we will all miss him tremendously. But in his
usual, kind ways, he made sure not to leave us with pain on top of sorrow,
and so he left us at peace and without suffering.

We will hold a ceremony in his memory on Tuesday, at 14:30 CET, in La Petite
Pierre, where he lived happily with his wife since his retirement.
Many of us are too heartbroken to pay a spoken tribute to him, and we know
that his sensitivity leaned towards the visual, and thus we will be
displaying pictures of/by him during the ceremony. We would like to propose
you to participate if you so wish, so that you could share any photographic
and/or written tribute that you would like to make.
Please do not take this as a request, but rather as a form of respect and
deep appreciation to you who have been instrumental in his artistic and
social life. Should you wish to pay him a last tribute, be sure that we
would honor it. The format, or the topic, is not prescribed: any form of
personal tribute will accompany him on this last good-bye.

You can send it to either myself: alexandre.amard at gmail.com or his wife
Marie-Christine: m.amard at free.fr before Monday noon (apologies for the
short notice)

With my utmost appreciation, and thanks for the kind words you shared of my
dear father.

Alexandre Amard