Subject: [Leica] The old neighborhood, 1955
From: smithjeffery at mac.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 07:42:43 -0600

I was only 5 years old in 1955, and my long-term memory doesn't go back that
far except for traumatic events. Did the Hebrew National brand begin at that
deli in the background?

If Kodachrome hadn't been taken from us, I would probably shoot it
exclusively. The slide overall has a warmth to it (Afga used to advertise
their Agfachrome as the "people" film. I wonder if (1) the slide was warm in
1955 and looks the same as it did 65 years ago, or (2) there is a color
shift that has taken 65 years to get to this warmth.