Subject: [Leica] RicC Friday Flower 3
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 12:30:50 -0600

Agreed.  I was just commenting that between the honey bees and the bumble
bees that hoverflys and smaller pollinators are pushed out of the larger
and more productive sources of pollen and moved into the much smaller
blossoms for their food supply.  There are several large colonies of honey
bees in the neighborhood so that when plants are blooming they are swarmed
by the bees; several are attempting to harvest each flower.

I find the smaller pollinators in the ground cover plants and other much
smaller blossoms; for example that red flower I posted in the weeds post.
I see smaller pollinators crawling up into them.