Subject: [Leica] Conjunction, two days late
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 02:03:31 -0800

Seattle had bad weather for several days before and during the Great
Conjunction on Monday night. Tuesday night the sky was partly cloudy,
but the cloudy part was blocking the planets. Tonight (Wednesday), I
finally got to see Jupiter and Saturn having their t?te-a-t?te. They are
still respectably close.? Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains provide
the setting.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/50754183152/in/dateposted-public/>

I was alone at a park on a bluff overlooking Puget Sound.? Due to
COVIDiot considerations, I wanted to be sure I could quickly move away
from any unmasked people, unencumbered by a tripod, expensive equipment,
etc.? So my record shot was taken with a humble iPhone 7, complete with
Impressionistic noise, and cropped to about 50%. Enjoy anyway.

This is a better shot, taken with a very big telescope in Chile. Size
matters. As with mine, click once or twice to enlarge.
<https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap201223.html>

--Peter

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Conjunction, two days late)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Conjunction, two days late)