Subject: [Leica] IMG: My COVID World
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 12:50:03 -0600

Thanks for the kind words, Philippe.? As to music and books, I offer two
comments.

Music:? In my youth, I became reasonably familiar with the alto sax,
clarinet, oboe, bassoon, and baritone sax.? I never specialized in one
long enough to master it, serving as a sort of utility man to meet the
need of the moment.? Working with a 15-piece dance band, I covered much
of my college expenses.? But, after almost 40 years in the wind tunnel
environment, my hearing is so deteriorated that I can no longer enjoy
music to any great extent.

Books:? In the years since my wife's death, I was reading two or three
books each week, from the local library.? These were not deep tomes, but
mostly mystery novels, etc.? When the library closed because of COVID, I
joined a state-supported on-line library, and I continue to read 2-3
books each week on my computer screen.? With two screens, I can keep an
eye out for correspondence while reading the printed word.

So, we do what we have to do to get by.