Subject: [Leica] Birds in the Bush
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 12:58:54 +0100

Not to shabby at all, Jayanand. The only fauna we have are native foxes,
the odd grey squirrel which has booted out our native reds, thanks to
carrying a disease that the greys are immune to, and rats and mice. The
squirrels have got wily enough after experiences with the local cats,
and stay high - one even runs along the top of my beech hedge while my
cat inwardly fumes. Unfortunately, having a cat has minimised the bird
life, even though they fly in and nest in the hedge - another source of
intense frustration for our cat who has tremendous patience, if a
complete lack of smarts. To be honest, it's the dumbest cat we've ever
had, and comparing to my son's Siamese would be like comparing an amoeba
to Einstein.