Subject: [Leica] IMG: Old Gear, Earlier Subjects
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 13:56:47 -0500

Hi Wayne,

A few, such as Barney and myself, occasionally use a sheet of black
poster board, slipped behind the subject.? I learned this from Barney,
and it works nicely for flowers.? But, for insects, luck plays a role.?
My fence is overgrown at the present time with Wintergreen and other
bushes, and that is what I used for a background.? A lot of it is in
shadow.? In this shot, I moved the LR exposure slider to about -.35, and
pulled the brightness down. Other than cropping, I didn't mess with the
background.