Subject: [Leica] Sandpoint TV Service
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 17:17:15 -0500

A similar long running story in the camera business occurred during the
90's.  Ritz Camera and Wolf Camera were in a race to buy up small chains
founded by returning WW II veterans.   Their children or grandchildren
didn't want to work retail do sold the business.   As long as
photofinishing was a thing the strategy was viable.   In Wolf's case this
was largely financed by Kodak starting with the acquisition of Lyon Photo
in Chicago.   That ended badly when Kodak sold their line of retail stores
to Wolf under interesting terms.   Ritz bought Wolf out of bankruptcy and
died mostly due to the end of the processing business but also David Ritz
used leverage to acquire a rather nice yacht and a really nice private
jet.   That and some interesting dealing with Quantaray which David owned
directly.