Subject: [Leica] Sandpoint TV Service
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 17:49:54 -0400

I haven't talked to the owner recently, but I know he is in his 70s, so he
may be simply retiring due to old age or health or because he just wants to
go fishing. What's sad is that likely no one will want to keep it open.
Waynedale Plumbing, just down the street, is owned by an 85 yr old man who
wants to retire and no one in his family wants it. He's been trying to sell
for a year. I know in his case, he has some health issues and just doesn't
want to work anymore, and can't blame him for that at his age.

Waynedale Plumbing Supply:
https://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-results.php?category=126&secondary=194

Waynedale has lost a lot of businesses lately, though. Waynedale Bakery,
closed several months ago, and a dance studio that had been there for 35 yrs
closed last month. A locally owned restaurant in Waynedale that had closed
because of the corona virus has decided to not reopen, ever.

Its sad, I grew up in Waynedale, and so did my mother. The unique thing
about Waynedale, compared to the rest of Fort Wayne, was that so many small
local businesses had survived, despite competition from big-box stores
elsewhere in the city. That's going away, unfortunately.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Like My Work on Facebook

?On 6/10/20, 4:32 PM, "LUG on behalf of Douglas Barry"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
imra at iol.ie> wrote:

    In an internet world, it's a bad time to sell a premises I'd imagine,
    Chris, and the CoVid fallout isn't going to help. With that photo, you
    may have caught crushed dreams turning to ashes.

    Douglas

    On 10/06/2020 21:07, Christopher Crawford wrote:
    > One of the oldest businesses in Waynedale is closing soon. The sign in
front of Sandpoint TV Service says "Retirement Clearance Sale."

    > Waynedale is an area in the city of Fort Wayne, Indiana that was once
a small town. It was annexed by the city in 1957, but still looks and feels
like a small town, despite having been part of the second largest city in
the state for more than 60 years.