Subject: [Leica] The Way to the School
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 16:02:56 -0700

Rue Mouffetard. Wow.

In July 1972 I was 22 and I was in Paris, staying in 14 on Ave. General
LeClerc, but wandered over to Rue Mouffetard to look for dinner. I found
a small restaurant that had 4 tables and 12 chairs, with a small raised
platform in the corner. We had an excellent and leisurely meal. At
21:00, a small man walked in with a guitar, the owner brought out a
folding chair for him, and in a few minutes he started to play and sing,
with no introduction or fanfare.

It was Paul Simon.

That was the very last time I ever ventured out in public without a
camera.