Subject: [Leica] My daughter's Formentera
From: johnbeeching at gmail.com (John Beeching)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 16:36:10 +0100

Dear Sonny,

Thanks for this link as it brings back strong memories.  I lived on
Formentera with my parents and sister from 1957 to 1961 when we moved to
Ibiza.  It was beautiful, desperately poor and the civil war still cast a
shadow.  The people were wonderful and I learnt their dialect of Catalan
before I learnt Castilian.  A few years ago I returned for the first time
since the early 60?s and found the experience traumatic, especially the
environmental destruction caused by mass tourism.  The casual visitor today
may not notice these changes, but I would prefer not to return again.

John
_
John Beeching
johnbeeching at gmail.com