Subject: [Leica] Comparison shots of two legendary portrait soft focus lenses
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 09:29:51 -0700

Jim, re: the nomenclature of the name PS945, one can guess that PS refers
to Pinkham and Smith, OR Portrait Series, whIch I think is the official
designation used by Cooke. 9 is the focal length (9") and 45 is the format
size (4x5). However, the Cooke PS945 DOES cover 8x10 at short distances.
More on that when I have an 8x10 that can mount the Cooke.

As for the Packard shutter, Jim Galli actually built me a front mount
Packard shutter, which was not used in these shots, as the Kodak 2D has a
behind the lens shutter.

I have ordered some wood so I can make a guillotine shutter. I want to see
if I can achieve more granularity and higher speed. We will see..

Thanks for looking.