Subject: [Leica] IMG: rose, focus stacked
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 08:02:23 +0530

Aram,
I import the stack into Helicon Focus as NEF (Nikon RAW) files from
Lightroom, and export them as TIFF files for further processing in
Photoshop.

I really have no problem about the technical aspects of focus stacking - a
couple of days of experimentation told me most of what I wanted to know
about how the Nikon Z7 implements the feature. My problem is the more
intangible things like colour fidelity, colour shift. contrast, brightness,
saturation, vibrance etc, all of which seem to get affected when importing
a stack into Helicon Focus. Of course, all it means is that I have to work
a little longer and harder in Photoshop, but I would like to avoid that if
I can.

Thanks for the link - I will go through the article, and the rest of the
site, as I also use the Fuji X system.

Cheers
Jayanand