Subject: [Leica] IMG: rose, focus stacked
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 07:28:35 +0530

Very nice. I have also taught myself and have been extensively
experimenting with the use of focus stacking during this lockdown, but for
still life, not macro. This is mainly because I do not have a macro lens
with me that can be used for focus stacking with the Nikon Z7, which also
has an automated function for this, which they call "Focus Shift" in the
menu

I have found that when you export a stack from Lightroom into Helicon Focus
the saturation increases quite dramatically. I compensate for that by
toning down the saturation/vibrance quite a lot in Lightroom. It is still a
bit of a hit and miss, because I have not quite figured out how to control
colours in Helicon Focus, but I figured that I can always adjust all
parameters to my taste in Photoshop later anyway.

Cheers
Jayanand