Subject: [Leica] IMG: rose, focus stacked
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 13:47:44 -0700

Here?s my first attempt at focus stacking with large images:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Flowers/Studies/i-CSM44KP/A>

Shot with a Fujifilm GFX100. 50 images show in ?focus bracketing? mode,
electronic shutter.

I only had a few minutes to work before the breeze came up.

There are issues in a few places but I?ll figure out the software Real Soon
Now. <grin>

The stacking was done with Helicon Focus. It?s an excellent example of how
to use the GPU effectively! It allows the output to be saved as a DNG file
which allows greater latitude in development.

In Lightroom I used the ETERNA color profile. Many of the possible profiles,
included the default Adobe profile, were simply too vivid compared to the
flower I actually saw. That seems to be a trend for the handling of this
camera by Adobe - they must have been needing more vibrancy or something.

Comments and thoughts most welcome.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] IMG: rose, focus stacked)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] IMG: rose, focus stacked)