Subject: [Leica] IMG: More Birds
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 18:09:31 -0500

Hi Wayne,

I haven't been in this debate for about ten years, but, IIRC, the
magnification is, as you say equal to that of a 500mm lens, although the
field of view of the CAMERA is that of a 1000 mm lens.? It's the
magnification that counts in my shots, cause I'm cropping anyway.? The
field of view of the REAR SCREEN, when using the digital extender, is
also approximately that of a 1000 mm lens, but that is not what is captured.

The only SX70 with which I am familiar is the Polaroid.? I bought one
years ago for my wife, and it is still up in the closet.