Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Depression +
From: rick.floyd10 at icloud.com (Rick Floyd)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 21:32:35 -0400

?Tina:

It?s been many years since I?ve participated in the LUG.  But, my
appreciation of your work goes back many years ago when our church was
raising funds for disaster relief in Honduras (I think it was Honduras, that
was MANY years ago).  You graciously donated photos for our advertising and
collection efforts.  Having said that, I can?t help, but think of you as a
B&W master.

When I compare these photos, you are correct, they are both beautiful, yet
different.  When I view the color photos with people, I get distracted by
the color in the clothing, the flowers in the green sweater, the teal basket
in the background and cloth in the seamstresses hand, and the yellow of the
banana.

When I view the B&W photos with people, I see the love in the eyes of the
mother-in-law, the apathy on the face of the mother, the beauty of the
tension in the fingertips of the seamstress pulling the needle with thread,
the gentle yet firm grip in the fingers Of the child holding both the phone
and banana.

That to me, is what helps make your photos so beautiful.  Environmentally, I
like the color photos.  Emotionally, I love the B&W photos.

Rick